What is fostering?
A “foster home” is a temporary living arrangement in which a family of our cats lives off-site with a foster family until a suitable, permanent home is found. Our foster cats are mums with newborn babies.
Our foster families provide much-needed love and attention to our cats, and help us by freeing up more space for us to take in even more cats in need.
Why become a foster home?
Fostering a cat gives you the opportunity to enjoy all of the perks of cat ownership without the long-term commitment or costs. All you have to do is provide shelter and a generous heart, and we will gladly take care of the rest. As a “thank you” for your help, we will provide you with all the food and litter you need, will care for the cat if you go away on vacation, and we will pay for any veterinary services that may become necessary during their stay. At the end you will know your foster cat will is now much more likely to find a loving, permanent home because of YOUR care!
What would I have to do while fostering?
- Provide a safe, clean, and loving environment for your foster cat.
- Give your foster cat socialization and attention as needed.
- Pay attention to (and report) any signs of illness or behavioral problems.
What are the requirements?
- If renting, you must have permission from your landlord to have pets on the premises.
- You must have a spare room available for the cat so that you can enclose it in the room if needed.
- You must live near The Moggery in North Bristol in areas such as Bishopston, Redland, Westbury, Horfield, Henbury, Brentry for example so that we can easily help you if the need should arise.
OK, I’m ready to become a foster home! How do I sign up?
You can give us a call at 0117 924 3128 so we can get you all set up! We are looking forward to working with you!